Hong Kong, the Oriental Pearl, is simply amazing! As a Special Administrative Region of China, it is one of the world’s leading financial, banking and trading centers. Situated on the southeast coast of China, the city occupies an area of 1,104 square kilometers (about 426 square miles).
Set among beautiful natural surroundings it has all the benefits of a thriving and vibrant commercial center. Here you can find the delights of modern living alongside an abundance of reminders of its historic past. Whether you visit the better known highlights like the stunning Ocean Park, the fantastic viewpoint of Victoria Peak or the beautiful Repulse Bay, Hong Kong is certain to exceed your expectations.
The city enjoying advantaged geographical location servers as an important international transport hub. There are daily flights to USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Germany, France, Netherlands, Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines, India and Thailand, etc. The complete public transport system made up by the MTR, bus, taxi, tram and ferry will easily take you around the whole city. Most tourism personnel and taxi drivers can communicate with visitors in English.
- Located on the south end of Hong Kong Island, the Ocean Park is among the top theme parks and aquariums in Southeast Asia, as well as the best marine education center, which makes it a must for families with children. With an area of 170 acres, it’s one of the largest ocean parks in the world.
- Situated between the Hong Kong Island and Kowloon Peninsula, Victoria Bay is the largest harbour in China and the third in the world, following San Francisco of the United States and Re de Janeiro in Brazil. The Harbour bustles with all manner of watercraft – from the historic Star Ferries to cruise liners, cargo ships, and wooden fishing vessels day and night.
- Located on the Lantau Island, the Disneyland Resort is a must-see because of its special attractions and the inimitable sense of Chinese culture. Come here, you can find the golden past and the glorious future! Accompanied by Mickey Mouse and other Disney friends, you start a fantastic and magical journey.
- It’s the best place from which to admire the
lights of this Oriental Pearl. Peak Tower with its famous wok-like architecture stands at the exit of Peak Tram. The amazing Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Odditorium, the exciting Peak Explorer Motion Simulator, and relaxing terraces and restaurants are among the favorite stops at this entertainment center. Another favorite attraction is the Madame Tussaud Wax Museum with figures of celebrities including local movie star Jackie Chan. Additionally, on the northern hillside of the Peak, you can see the Zoological and Botanical Garden.
- Wong Tai Sin Temple, patterned after an ancient Chinese palace and rich in Chinese culture, is the most famous temple in Hong Kong. Fortunetellers are active there. Besides the Wong Tai Sin Temple, another two famous temples in the city are the Man Mo Temple and Po Lin Monastery.