Welcome to 2015 EMN Qingdao Meeting !
For Program of EMN Qingdao Meeting, please click here to download: EMN Qingdao-program
THE SESSION CHAIR’S ROLE
The duties of the Session Chair include the following:
1. Show up to the session 5-10 minutes before the session begins. Identify the paper presenters and discussant(s) in advance, and introduce yourself. Remind each presenter of the time limits that apply, and describe the method you will use to alert them of time limits during the actual presentation.
2. At the start of the session, introduce yourself to the audience, announce the session/title, and offer a brief overview indicating how the papers are related.
3. Next, introduce the speakers with brief comments regarding the affiliation and/or background of each presenter.
4. Prior to each presentation, announce the paper’s title, authors’ names and their affiliations. Identify the individual who will be speaking if it is someone other than the first author.
5. During the presentations enforce time limits strictly so that no author (or audience member) monopolizes someone else’s time. Oral paper presentations each have 20 minutes ( 15 minutes for full presentation papers, 5 minutes discussions), and 10 minutes for e-Poster (electronic poster) presentations (5 minutes for poster presentation and 5 minutes for discussions).
6. Once presentations are complete (oral paper presentations and e-Poster presentations) the remainder of the time can be used for informal discussion with the audience and session participants. It is your job to field questions from the audience.
7. Try to conduct the session as informally as possible (e.g., use first names when addressing participants and members of the audience) to encourage as much audience participation as possible.